Our new favorite beach

Beaches in California, for the most part, have a very different feel to beaches back east. A classic beach for me is one with sand dunes, sea oats, a fairly wide sandy area and a gentle slope into the water.

Most of the beaches we have visited so far are somewhat rocky with no dunes, occasional cliffs, and a fairly steep descent into the water. Pacific beaches are still definitely beautiful, but they just have a different feel.

I was happy when we visited Oxnard and found a beach that made me feel a little more like I was at home. The killer waves and cold temperature remind me that I'm not, but I loved the wide, flat beach and dunes that made it feel more remote.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag