A Mocktail.

Although not morally or otherwise opposed to alcohol, Jeff and I rarely drink. I prefer to eat my calories, and don't love the taste of beer or wine. Thus our near tee-totaling state. I barely even think about wanting to drink something alcoholic.

Except when I'm pregnant. It's like because suddenly I can't drink for nine months, I suddenly feel the overwhelming urge to have a woodchuck hard cider or a nice cold margarita. Sigh.

I had some very ripe watermelon in the fridge leftover from a church lunch and knew that it would never get eaten, so I decided to make my own mocktail. I threw all the watermelon into our food processor and blended it until smooth. To make my drink, I mix equal parts watermelon juice with diet sierra mist and throw in some mint leaves then give it all a stir with some ice.

It's cold, refreshing, and the mint really makes me feel like I'm drinking something fancy.

Any other favorite pregnancy drinks?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag