Best. Peach Ice Cream. Ever

Wow. You know you haven't posted in a while when you get a spam  comment on your most recent post. Sheesh.

Summer continues to fly along with lots of activities. The other week I made what I think is the best peach ice cream ever. I've eaten a lot of peach ice cream in my day, but this was fantastic.

I only slightly modified the recipe I found here. The addition of the honey to the peaches really gave this ice cream that extra special something that made it taste even more like summer. Instead of using vanilla extract, I used a vanilla bean that I simmered in the milk as I was making the custard, which gave it a nice vanilla flavor as well. If you can find fresh local peaches (or for all you folks who live elsewhere, fresh South Carolina peaches) you will not be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag