Big day.

Yesterday was a momentous day - at least for me.

I took Judah to the grocery store. By myself. For the most part, until now, I've been nervous about taking him places, mostly because I worry about what happens if he starts to bawl, or how I'll manage everything. But I was feeling adventurous, so I decided to go.

I used my moby wrap that I finally got in the mail yesterday. I put it on before leaving the house, and then just stuck him in it once I got to the store. It worked great - he slept the entire time. And my hands were free and I didn't have to cart around his car seat. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of use out of it.

After we got home and he ate, I actually cooked dinner. Sometime I haven't done since before he was born. It was great. I made salmon and asparagus and then baked these chocolate cakes - which are delicious.

It was a nice night - it felt like things were getting to what our normal is going to be from now on.

I like the new normal.

Comments

Emilie said…
I use that wrap or the Baby Bjorn when I grocery shop too. So much easier than lugging the car seat and frees up cart space. And I think it helps with the cozy sleep factor for the kiddo. Congrats on the shopping trip! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.