Easy Meal with Tzatziki dressing

I'm a huge fan of easy meals with few ingredients. Mostly it's because my great and tough job keeps me rather busy, so I love to find recipes that are delicious but not complicated.

I have already blogged here some great, five-ingredient-or-less, recipes like appetizers, pasta, other tasty dinners, and low-fat cookies.

Last night for dinner, Jeff and I ate what we call our Greek Feast. Basically, this consists of chicken grilled with greek seasoning on it, pitas, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, and lettuce. To top it off, we put Tzatziki - the greek yogurt dressing that really makes this meal over the top. I always loved tzatziki at restaurants, but figured it would be too tough to make. It just sounded so exotic. Thankfully, I realized that although it requires a little forethought, it is made with very few ingredients, but is fairly low-fat, and makes a great dressing. So here is my recipe:

32 oz. plain, fat free yogurt.
1/4 c. olive oil.
1/4 c. lemon juice (or vinegar if you don't have it)
3-4 cloves garlic
2-3 cucumbers, seeded, and shredded in a food processor
2-3 tsp. dill (we used fresh dill from our garden)
salt and pepper to taste
(I know that is 6 ingredients, but still it's not very many. And two of them are spices.)

Strain the liquid out of the yogurt using cheesecloth.
Strain as much water as possible from the cucumber using cheesecloth.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly. Serve on top of pitas or as a separate veggie dip.

For other good, easy recipes go visit Shannon.

Comments

Cheri said…
I love this - you make it sound so easy and so delicious!

How long do you think it will store in the refrigerator? I'm the only one in this house with a love of Tzatziki.
Melanie said…
Mmmm. So summery. Jeff, have you started making flatbread yet?

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.